A SOVEREIGN MOVE OF THE HOLY GHOST
NOTHING EXPRESSES THE DIVINITY OF THE HOLY GHOST AND HIS BEAUTIFUL PART OF THE GODHEAD AS DOES HIS SOVEREIGNTY. From the very beginning of the church at Pentecost, until the 21st Century church, Satan has continuously promoted religious ideas that deny His Sovereign manifestation. Let’s first list ideas that destroy or greatly hinder the Holy Ghost movement within the Body of Christ.
TEN UNQUESTIONABLY FALSE TEACHINGS!
1. The false idea of a Pope which the Roman Catholic Church claims continues the position first given or assigned to Apostle Peter.
2. A doctrine called “Cessation of the Supernatural”. This thought declares that once the church was established by the early Apostles there was no further need for the supernatural.
3. The assumption that the only infallible Bible was the original autographs.
4. The rejection of the nine Gifts of the Holy Ghost as the only primary operation of God’s power in the church body.
5. The thought that these gifts are subject to the individual rather than totally subject to the Holy Ghost Himself.
6. The idea that the Holy Spirit is a great influence but not a sovereign Being. The Truth is that all His actions are personal to Him in His every movement.
7. The teaching that we should not worship Him in the same manner that we worship the Father and the Son.
8. The denial that every Believer must be baptized in the Holy Spirit once they are sanctified and set apart for His Sovereign work.
9. Any thought that a true movement of the church can be activated by carnal men and women apart from His Divine actions.
10. Any idea or mindset that causes His church body to trust in men, organizations or fleshly controlled schemes and the manipulation of Biblical Truths.
Our present church has to recover the perfect plan of God’s Kingdom that flows directly and solely from the Sovereign movement of the Holy Ghost. If He is not moving in His Church, we are dead in the water like a ship without a sail. This Supernatural and Sovereign Person sent by the Father and the Son is awaiting our submission and reverence.
Jesus Christ was emphatic that the church He was birthing should be totally enabled by this Sovereign Comforter and Teacher. “If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” (St. John 14:14-21)
Study this passage with great delight. The key thoughts are these:
* He will abide with you forever.
* He is the only “Spirit of Truth.”
* The world cannot have Him.
* He shall be in you.
* I will not leave you comfortless.
* Because I live by the Holy Ghost you will live also.
* By Him you will know I am in my Father.
* I will by the Holy Ghost, manifest myself to you.
This is exactly what will change His Church.
When the Holy Ghost had come at Pentecost this is exactly what happened. It turned that small group of people upside down. He had told them, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8) Not one of us has one ounce of the power in this gospel until the Holy Ghost has come to dwell in us with complete sovereignty.
The Book of Acts is so full of power that it will burn your fingers if you really get into the heart of it. Look at this group of believers after Peter and John were released from prison a few days after Pentecost. “But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done. For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was shewed.” (Acts 4:19-22) This is an example of the effort of Satan to stop the glory of the Holy Ghost.
Look at the results when these Saints prayed in their dynamite way. “And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:29-31) This is exactly what we need to see again. The church is not far from the time it will either be extinct or it will see a visitation from God by His Sovereign Holy Ghost. It will be the latter. If they think they can put out our fire when it is lit by the Holy Ghost they are sadly mistaken.
PLEASE ORDER THE FREE GIFTS FOR THIS WEEK, “A GRASSHOPPER MENTALITY OR A FAITH REALITY (CD Sermon) AND A SCARLET CORD BOOK MARKER”. A NEW STUDY NOTEBOOK IS FINISHED, “THE COMFORTER HAS COME: THE SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST.” The theme is “A River Flowing From The Throne.” This STUDY NOTEBOOK is for every Believer who is hungry for a rich and powerful life in Jesus Christ. Whatever your Church background, this STUDY NOTEBOOK is for one purpose. We want you to discover the promises of Jesus Christ for a Spirit-filled walk in the Holy Bible. This is going to be a wonderful Bible study. Call (800) 33-TRUTH (800) 338 7884 or (704) 391 0588. E-mail us at email@example.com