Satan Can Do Nothing Unless We Allow Him
Satan is a defeated foe. He is limited to what the Lord Jesus Christ allows in our lives or by what we allow. Bible-believing saints must learn exactly what the Word Of God has taught us. There are five primary ways that Satan attacks:
1. He is constant in his effort to afflict our bodies. The saint’s body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. Satan hates that temple and desires to render it improvised or destroyed. The Holy Ghost said, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” (III John 1:2). Jesus Christ offered His body to be lashed or whipped, “That by His stripes we may be healed.”
2. Satan viciously attacks our state of mind. Depression, doubts, fears, anxiety, and other dark emotions are broken when we refuse their powers over us. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (II Timothy 1:7). Satan has no right to control your thoughts and imaginations.
3. He accuses us before God, to those around us and to ourselves. It’s very important that we learn to reject every accusation he makes against us. He is a liar and the father of lies.
4. The devil is the tempter of every living person. The Bible tells us that he can only tempt a believer in the area of their lust. This shows the limits of Satan. If we are pure and lust has been broken out of our lives, Satan is helpless. The Blood of Christ will sanctify every power of the flesh and give us victory over our human weaknesses.
5. Lastly, but very important, is Satan’s dedication to make us proud and self-centered. Self is man’s greatest foe. Self must die if Christ is going to be Lord. Listen to this broadcast and let the Son of God set you free.
NEXT WEEK: “There Are a Multitude of Vexed Souls”